Breast enhancement continues to remain popular among women years after silicone implants were first approved by the FDA. Women resort to this type of surgery for varied reasons. From improving body symmetry or simply desiring a bigger cup size, it all boils down to one thing: having better-looking, hence, more desirable breasts. Here are the pros and cons of the different breast enhancement procedures available today that will definitely boost your bust size while still giving you the much desired look of natural breasts.
Silicone breast implants are a popular choice. Approved by the FDA, these implants are made from a silicone shell filled with sterile saltwater. During the breast augmentation procedure, an incision is usually made underneath the breast, and this is where the implants are inserted. Silicone implants, which are already pre-filled with water, require longer incisions. The location of the incision might change for women who have either just undergone mastectomy or who have just given birth. Here are the advantages and disadvantages of silicone-based breast enhancement.
● Silicone implants are specifically designed for augmentation and aim to make your enhanced mammaries look like natural breasts. If you want to boost your cup size while maintaining that realistic look and feel, silicone implants are the way to go.
● Silicone implants are very light. This means that silicone implants have a lower the risk of gravity-caused downward displacement, no matter how big the size. This is the main reason why silicone implantation is the preferred corrective measure for sagging breasts.
● Silicone implants do not ripple the skin or cause wrinkles easily.
● Scarring may be a concern because incisions have to be long enough to accommodate the size of the silicone implants. This might also pose a concern for post-procedure management.
● Ruptures can happen. This happens when, for some reason, the implants get punctured and salt water leaks into the body. This can pose a major health risk especially if there are no palpable symptoms. This is the reason why your surgeon would ask you to undergo a regular MRI procedure (preferably every two years) and have regularly scheduled check-ups.
● Silicon enhancement procedures can also be disadvantageous from a practical standpoint, since procedures can get quite expensive. On the flip side, be wary of silicone-based procedures that carry an unbelievably cheap price tag. This might do more harm than good, and correcting botched operations are likely to cost you even more.
Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
Another option is breast enhancement via fat transfer. Proponents of this type of procedure call it the natural way of boosting breast size since no foreign material is inserted into the body. It has recently become a popular procedure since fat from liposuction can now be reused for this purpose. As with any other procedure, it has its pros and cons.
This is best for women who just want moderate augmentation to maintain the look of natural breasts.
● This procedure is not as major as silicone implants. Neither incisions nor antibiotics are needed. Women who opt for this will just be placed under local anaesthesia.
● No incision means no scars. It also means faster recovery.
● It is known to have longer-lasting results without any risk of rupture.
● Probably the biggest advantage is that no foreign object is introduced to the body so it is relatively safe.
On the downside, some things you have to consider are:
● Size is definitely a concern. You can only augment to a certain point. This is a major limitation of fat transfer breast augmentation.
● This might also cause problems with symmetry since size is not a hundred percent controlled as compared with silicone implants.
● There is also the need for liposuction. The fat must come from your own body so your body does not reject it. This might mean a higher price tag and a longer time for you to wait until your body is ready to undergo another procedure.
● The outcome might not be readily observable. Sometimes, it can take six months before results become noticeable.
All-Natural Breast Enhancement
If you do not like needles or if you are wary of going under the knife, then opting for all-natural breast enhancement via natural breast enlargement pills or supplements could be for you. Again, you can attain a boost in size while still maintaining natural-looking and -feeling breasts. Here are the advantages and disadvantages when it comes to all-natural breast enhancement.
● Absolutely no pain, no incision, no scarring, no post-surgery management (because there was no surgery in the first place).
● This is easy, convenient, and does not cost as much as silicone-based breast enhancement or fat transfer breast augmentation.
● Since they are made from natural ingredients, supplements also offer properties beneficial to one’s health. Natural supplements do not use chemicals that might cause harm to the body.
● For as long as you have the go-signal from your doctor, access to these pills is very easy. You can get them from a local drugstore or online.
● Results can be unpredictable. You cannot readily control the size as compared with silicone implantation.
● Results are delayed. It can take months before augmentation is noticeable.
● Pills might have side effects or just offer a placebo effect. Make sure they are FDA approved to minimize the risk.
● These pills might also react with your current medication. If you have pre-existing health conditions, make sure you consult your doctor before taking breast augmentation pills, even those that tout themselves as all-natural.
Armed with this information, you can make better choices where breast augmentation is concerned. You can elect to have whichever size of breasts you are most comfortable with, while still maintaining that much-coveted “natural” look. Consult your doctor and discuss your preferences, as well as any issues you may have, to make the best choice for you and your body.
Written by Melissa Lobo
Bio: Melissa is a young and energetic writer, a mom to a sweet little boy, and a fur-mom to two perfect pooches. Before becoming the Associate Content Director for Project Female, she was a journalist specializing in topics related to women in politics and policy affecting women.
Read more great articles on women’s beauty here at alexie.co – exclusively for women who are style conscious but not confident and looking for inspiration.